General Stats & Facts
1. SEO Industry is poised to reach $80 billion.
2. If done right, SEO can drive a 14.6% conversion rate.
3. 93% of online experiences begin with a search engine.
4. 75% of users don’t even scroll past the first page of the SERPs.
5. 50% of search queries consist of at least 4 words.
6. 21% of users access more than one of the search results.
7. Search engines drive 10 times more traffic to shopping sites than social media.
8. How many people use search engines in the US? Estimates are 236.5 million.
Google Search Engine Stats
9. Google holds 74.75% of the search engine market share.
10. Over 5.5 billion searches are performed on Google every day.
11. On average, Google receives over 63,000 search queries every second.
12. Sites that make the first page on Google have an average of 1,890 meta words.
13. You’re 53% more likely to show up on the first page of Google if you have a video on your homepage.
14. Fascinating Google page statistics: 44% of website referral traffic goes through Google.
15. Up to 20% of Google queries are searched for the first time.
16. Organic Google results with 3-4 words in the title drive higher CTR.
17. Search queries of the “__ to avoid” format have increased by 150%.
Mobile SEO Stats
18. In 2020, there will be 221 million mobile phone search users in the US.
19. 60% of Google searches are done via mobile devices.
20. Mobile-optimized sites are more trusted by 51% of consumers.
21. 27% of the global online population is using voice search on mobile.
22. By 2021, mobile is predicted to dominate online sales, driving 54% in sales.
23. 69% of smartphone users are more likely to buy from companies whose sites answer their questions easily.
24. The ideal load time on mobile devices is 5 seconds or less.
25. 57% of consumers said they wouldn’t recommend a business with a poorly designed mobile website.
Local SEO Statistics
26. 1 in 3 smartphone searches is made before the store visit.
27. Based on local SEO statistics 2018, 82% of smartphone shoppers conduct “near me” searches.
28. 50% of “near me” Google searches performed via mobile result in a store visit.
29. Most important mobile website features are a “list of products”.
30. 88% of consumers will interact with a local business within 24 hours of searching for it on a mobile device.
31. Almost all consumers check the internet to learn more about a local business.
32. Local information is the main goal of 46% of all Google searches.
33. 56% of local retailers haven’t claimed their business listings on Google.
34. SEO stats show that 82% of businesses haven’t claimed their Bing listings.
35. Positive reviews result in trust for 72% of consumers.
SEO Statistics & Content Marketing
36. Content marketing gets three times more leads than paid search advertising.
37. Content creation is the most effective SEO tactic in 2019.
38. 72% of marketers consider relevancy the most critical factor for improving SEO.
39. Content creation leads to 434% more indexed pages than websites without updated content.
40. 38% of marketers are publishing content at least once a week.
41. At 82%, LinkedIn is the most effective social media platform for delivering content and engaging the audience.
42. 25% of marketers don’t outsource their content creation.
43. Blogging is the top content marketing tactic.
44. 56% of companies have said they plan to increase their content marketing budget.
45. Important SEO stats for bloggers: blog articles with images get 94% more views.
46. Content marketing strategy can increase traffic by 2,000%.
47. Updating old posts with new content can boost traffic by over 100%.
Link Building SEO Stats
48. Companies with blogs get 97% more backlinks.
49. The average page in top position has over 35,000 external backlinks.
50. Link building is the most challenging tactic in 2019.